CUSTOM INSTRON TEST FIXTURES
COMPREHENSIVE MEDICAL DEVICE TESTING PACKAGE SUMMARY
This project encompassed the design and procurement of a comprehensive set of fixtures for functional and characteristics testing performed on a plethora of optical medical catheters. A total of six requirements-driven fixtures were developed, perfected, and delivered during the life of the project.
3x Mechanical Engineers
DESIGN TOOLS USED:
Solidworks, Design X
Medical Device Manufacturing and Validation
- Develop fixturing to test and characterize shaft bending and response
- Develop fixturing to test button and knob forces and physics
- Develop fixturing to optically measure shaft curvature during operational ‘steering’
- Develop fixturing to test shaft properties when subjected to destructive tensile forces
- Develop standalone six axis fixture to measure optical properties and image quality
SUMMARY OF ACTIVITIES
The project was broken down into six major fixturing groups and a ‘modular device holder’ category. Multiple mechanical engineers worked independently and co-operatively in order to bring each fixture to fruition. Each sub-category went through the following stages during the project lifecycle: Preliminary Design, Internal Design review meetings, Detailed Design, multiple design review meetings with customer team, Final Design, Manufacturing, Assembly, Internal Test and Validation, Delivery, Customer Test/Validation/Measurement Systems Analysis
Need some Test
Pipeline Design & Engineering provides product development services to established product companies, startups, inventors, and any other groups with design & engineering needs. Please contact us today and let’s get started!